At the end of the 19th Century, Milngavie & Bearsden were developing as suburbs to the north of Glasgow and many people were moving into the area. All Saints was founded in 1897 as a mission church – an offshoot of St George’s Church, Maryhill – and is a charge of the Scottish Episcopal Church.
The history has been well documented by Charles Elliott in his excellent book, published to celebrate our 100th anniversary in 1997: A Temporary Building: “A Short History of All Saints Church, Bearsden”
At various stages of our history, All Saints has been linked with St Andrew’s Milngavie and Drumchapel Episcopal Church. Since the closure of both Clydebank and Maryhill Churches, we were delighted to welcome members of their congregations at All Saints.